Sewing Project: Light Blue Sundress with Kente Cloth

For today, I share with you a sewing project that I should have shared this summer, but is now totally inappropriate for the winter weather (please forgive me!). This is a dress I made a couple of years ago with a strip of kente cloth that I got on my study abroad in Ghana. I wanted a way to incorporate it into a piece of clothing without it looking typically “ethnic,” and I like the way it turned out as a waistband on a sundress.

I incorporated two separate patterns to make this dress and modified them both to fit in the waist band.

Here’s my “relaxed” pose. I am so terrible at posing for the camera!

I hemmed the dress with yellow bias tape to tie the waistband colors in. Excuse the crazy wrinkles (one of the pitfalls of 100% cotton!)

Thanks for checking out my blog! You can find some other posts with dresses I’ve made here, here, and here
Happy Tuesday!